All Photos by Fotolia unless Otherwise Stated
Remember, if you have any queries, ask your local Vet!
Photos: Top left: Chocolate
Top middle: Roast Chicken
Top right: Alcohol Barrel
Middle: Red grapes
Bottom left: Pork and rind
Bottom right: Ice ream cone
Puppy Dog in basket
Info21online.com News and information on Family And Lifestyle and Food Toxic to Your Precious Dogs and Cats
International Service Anywhere in the World
The Official World Record measurement on October 12th 2011 for MEDUSA from Kansas City, Missouri, USA is
7.67 meters long ( 25 feet 2 inches )
Beautiful Great Dane.
Similar to Zeus
Your beautiful Cat or Dog no doubt looks at you lovingly with those big eyes expressing a wish 'please give ME some' and it would be lovely just to give in! However it is good to know the treats that are okay for them AND the bad treats, the ones that are life threatening to your precious Pet. Here are some of the bad ones -
Chocolate contains a chemical substance Theobromine which can cause Epileptic seizures in DOGS resulting from an increased heart rate, constriction of the arteries and over stimulation of the nervous system.
Is the most lethal because it contains the highest amount of Theobromine.
These range from vomiting and diarrhea and hyper behaviour to cardiac failure, seizures and death.
If your Dog does not vomit up the chocolate OR shows signs of repeated vomiting, diarrhea, tremors, excessive panting or seizures GET TO THE VET'S EMERGENCY ROOM.
MOLDY OR ROTTEN OR SPOILED FOOD
Your Dog can be poisoned or can get diarrhea from food that is not fresh.
An ounce of Alcohol can put your Pet in a Coma. NEVER GIVE YOUR PET ALCOHOL.
APPLES AND APRICOTS AND CHERRIES, PLUMS AND PEACHES
The fruit itself is not toxic but the seeds and leaves and stems are toxic.
XYLITOL: This can be found in sugar free gum and mints and is a sweetener. Because this is extremely toxic to Dogs in can cause a severe glucose surge and blood sugar levels may drop dangerously.
2 sticks of sugar free gum or 2 mints is enough to affect a small dog adversely, it all depends on the size of the Dog.
SYMPTOMS: include lethargy and weakness then collapse and seizures.GET TO THE VET IMMEDIATELY.
Toxic even fatal with high doses.
This affects the Central Nervous System and Heart.
FOOD CONTAINING FAT SUCH AS CHICKEN FAT & ANY MEAT FAT
Food containing Fat and given to your Dog can lead to a gastrointestinal upset with digestive disorders and inflammation of the pancreas.
Include Inflammation and can lead to abdomen pain, vomiting, diarrhea and depression. THIS CONDITION CAN BE FATAL.
POTATOES & GREEN POTATOES:
This includes tomatoes being members of the Nightshade Family of plants and is toxic when eaten in large amounts.
ONIONS & ONION POWDER & GARLIC
BE AWARE of ANYTHING YOU MIGHT GIVE YOUR DOG AS A TREAT DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY OF THESE FOODS, ANY STEWS, LEFTOVERS, CASSEROLES, ANYTHING.
These foods can damage the red blood cells which in turn causes anemia and breathing difficulties.
Even baby food where many are high in salt content and onion flavorings, DO NOT FEED TO YOUR DOG.
These cause vomiting and gastrointestinal distress.
This can cause a rising in the stomach and can cause abdomen pain and bloating and vomiting.
GRAPES AND RAISINS:
These in LARGE doses can cause your Dog to have Kidney Failure. Remember the size of the Dog can make significant difference. Avoid feeding any grapes or raisins.
These nuts contain a toxin that can affect the nervous system and the digestive system and also the muscles of your Pet. Paralysis can come next. DO NOT FEED YOUR DOG/S EVEN A SMALL AMOUNT.
Puppies and Adult Dogs love bones, however some bones are best left completely alone and not given to your precious Pet.
A shinbone is one of the safest bones that can be given to your Puppydog, either way supervision is the safest way to go about it.
Teeth cleaning treats, some dogs just love, but they can cause choking if they are 'woofed' down in one go and caught in the throat. Sometimes if there are 2 Dogs they have a race to see which one can eat it first and (hopefully) get another one.
Symptoms to look for in cases of choking, apart from the obvious is if your Puppydog does not seem well and has eaten one of these treats and is vomiting, and has bloody stools and finding it difficult to breathe. Call your Vet immediately.
HIDE: ALL MEDICINES AND HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS AND............... IBUPROFEN.